NWP Model Investment Portfolio Update:
This week my portfolio generated a return of -3.0% compared to the S&P500 index, which returned 2.5% over the same period. However, since inception (9/23/11) the NWP Portfolio has generated a return of 12.4% outperforming the S&P 500 index by 2.1%. The S&P500 returned 10.3% over the same period.
Winners: This week my winners were in my fixed-income ETFs, particularly PLW, which is a laddered treasury bond ETF and my muni bond fund, TFI. However, my position in high yield bonds, HYG had a tough week, although I am still up ~4% on that position since inception.
Losers: Everything else… Basically all equities, specialty equities and commodities positions slide this week with my worst performers being my two leveraged ETFs, my Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US ETF, VEU and my unlevered S&P 500 index tracker SPY.
Sell orders: Coming soon on my Leveraged ETFs. I do not think that there will be much more upside in the foreseeable future on my leveraged ETFs, specifically the U.S. Equities 3x ETF, symbol BGU. This trade is already up 31% for me and I think it is running out of steam. Right now the market is sideways and choppy and I think we will continue to see the market be volatile within a range 10%-15%. I think I may have missed a good exit point at 1,300 last week, but I will be looking for another opportunity as soon as the S&P 500 index crosses the upper band in 20-days Bollinger Bands analysis.
I don’t want to be stuck in the leveraged positions if things start to nose dive as we get closer to the Thanksgiving week and the U.S. debt plan deadline. I expect more rating downgrades by Moody’s, S&P and Fitch that will be followed by a market reaction and I want to be unlevered by then. I plan to buy again after the dip and pull in another 30% or so gain in short-term trading action.
NWP Stats Update:
My readers are my lifebood, without you guys coming to my site, reading, commenting and participating, this site would be totally not fun. Therefore I believe it is important to let you know how the site is doing, let me know if you like receiving these updates.
Here are October web site statistics:
|Web Site Statistics October 1 to October 31|
|Average Time on Site: (minutes)||16%|
Thank you for reading!
Neo – firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Recent Posts:
Most Popular Posts:
- “I Don’t Want To Be Rich, I Just Want To Be Free”
- No Risk, No Reward; Is That Really True?
- Should You Leverage The S&P 500 Index In Your Retirement Investment Portfolio?
- 5 Key Planning Steps to Ensure Financial Freedom – #5: Financial Advisors and Monitoring
- 5 Key Planning Steps to Ensure Financial Freedom – #4: Simple and Successful Budgeting
My Favorite Reads From Around the Web:
- On Becoming a Millionaire www.BraveNewLife.com
- A Busted Transmission, And A Great Blessing www.FatGuySkinnyWallet.com
- Why You Should Write Your Personal Finance Executive Summary Today www.MoneyBeagle.com
- Not Enough Financial Literacy For A Bailout Plan Vote www.NovelInvestor.com
- Secrets of a Personal Finance Blogger www.BarbaraFriedbergPersonalFinance.com
- The most comprehensive guide on “how to become debt free” ever written. www.PunchDebtInTheFace.com
- How to Get Your Free Credit Score www.YoungAdultFinances.com
Related External Links