Watch out world, here are my financial and life goals for this year. I know it is 2012, but for me it is the “Year of 10″:
The most important goal
- My number one goal is more of a “prayer” because it is something I can not control: I pray that my wife and I have a healthy new baby on or around April 10, 2012 and my goal is to be ready for the challenge of raising this new little one.
- Establish relationships / partner with at least 10 other bloggers and write a guest post on each of their sites. (Bloggers, let me know if you are interested)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Get my site to be in the top 10 listings in Google when searching for 10 keywords or phrases that are relevant to my site. In other words, “I want to be in the top 10 listings for Google searches on keywords like, “financial freedom” or “how to retire wealthy”.
- Write 10 “Power Posts”; posts that really get people talking and challenge conventional thinking.
- Earn $10,000 in Blogging revenue! This will be VERY tough! Still trying to figure out how to do it… But I like the challenge.
- Get my Alexa ranking below 110,000 (it is currently at 190,000)
- Comment on at least 10 other web sites and blog posts per week.
- Increase our household savings rate by 10%.
- Generate a 10% rate of return on our household investment accounts; hopefully the financial markets will cooperate.
- Take the extra $10,000 in revenue earned from blogging and invest right back into blogging and other ventures.
- Increase our household net worth by 2x 10% (so 20%; I really wanted this posted to be ‘10‘ focused ;o)
Health and Fitness Goals
- Run 10 races this year and one of them has to be a marathon. I ran the Barcelona marathon in March 2011 and I run regularly so this a fun goal for me. My Marathon time goal is to break 3:40.
- Lose 10 pounds! I am not doing this because I “need” to lose weight, I am doing this because I know I will feel better just walking around this world if I do. Plus I will be faster! I will likely sign-up for the 10-pound challenge at NewlyWedsOnaBudget.com, it starts on January 9th.
- Begin a weight training program that puts me in the gym 10 days a month (2 or 3 days per week). I used to always lift weight but I stopped a few years ago. This time I am going to do circuit training that is more inline with my running and weight loss goals.
What are your goals for 2012? Should I add a weight-loss and race tracker on this web site so you can watch my progress or see if I fail in heroic fashion?
No related posts.